Have you ever eaten a vegetable and had it squirt water at you when you bit into it? It’s amazing that there are foods out there with more than 90% water. And most of them are high-intake healthy foods!
Make a list of the top five vegetables YOU think have the highest water content. Then, take a look at the list below and see if you’re correct.
- 95.6% Water
- Highest water content of all the leafy foods
- No Sodium
- Low Cholesteral
- Can be used in place of bread for burgers and hotdogs
- 95.4% Water
- High in Fiber and Vitamins A, C, and Potassium
- High in Folate (Cell repair)
- Replenish Natural Salts in the body to increase Iron, Magnesium, Calcium, and Zinc
- 95.3% Water
- High in Antioxidants, Potassium, and Folate
- Large Amounts of Fiber
- Helps in Digestion and Blood Pressure
- 92.1% Water
- Helps fight Breast Cancer
- Contains Vitamins B6, C, and Potassium
- High in Folate
- 91.4% Water
- High in Potassium, Vitamins B and E, and Magnesium
- Large amounts of Folate, Fiber, and Iron
- Energy Booster and helps to manage blood
How well did you do? Let me know in the comments! For more information, check out these sites on other fruits and vegetables.